So I celebrated my first New Year in South Africa. I missed my family and my friends, but when the clock hit midnight and I hugged all of my friends here, I felt that there was nowhere in the world I'd rather be. It was the best time I've had since I left America.
This post is not for everybody....it's for those friends who rang in the New Year with me. I've decided to include some of the memorable events and quotes that I remember from the weekend. Names have all been omitted to protect the guilty. =)
(if you were there and would like to include some quotes, etc. feel free to put them in the "comments" section. But remember, this is a "family-friendly" blog)
"I won the bet!" The sad shaving of the glorious beard. Pictures from the Zebra-cam. "Where is Saturn this weekend?" 30 monkeys jumping through trees with babies. "The gauntlet has been thrown." (and the winning picture). The ugliest pig ever. "Silly Phuti!" The pig, illuminated in the moonlight, scaring the hell out of us. "Jesse in the butt!" The broken bed. The night river walk ("Worst idea ever!") The strobe light. The "Denim Helicopter." The river run in quicksand with clothes swap. "We had a baby once, but you buried it in the back yard." The Eiffel-Towered pig. "Goie more! Danke!" A crazy game of "scrambled eggs" with the camera. 3 people wearing my Superman underwear. The hubbly bubbly. "Skully driver!" The burned foot. Trumentos. The ice-water shoe. Belly dancing, and the entrance of the frisky Afrikaner. The 5-person LANKOFF and the glorious late-entry. 1st ____ of the NewYear! "It's cold up in the thatch!" Push-ups. "WORST DARE EVER!" Zoolander 2: In South Africa. "You are the perfect woman." The broken swing. The mango atchar jug and the salad dressing bottle. The Big Hurt.
You guys are fantastic.
