First up is a picture from the Black Leopards / Chiefs game that I went to with Max, Carrie, and Eric. This is a picture of Carrie, me, and Eric at the game.

Eric says to me, "This game blows!"

So I mention that I write these updates from Thohoyandou, which is my nearest town. But you probably have no idea of what Thoho actually looks like (even those of you who are in South Africa....Thoho is not like other cities). Here is a picture of the center of Thohoyandou. Just a lovely mass of dirt, bricks, barbed-wire, street vendors, and people everywhere. Lovely!

This is a picture of Norman, Choza, me, and Hlaluko. Norman's just chillin' which is what he basically does. He's over at Max's house a lot. Choza has been looking for a wife recently, and because he's a big fat dude, the ladies don't want him. He comes over to Max's hoping that Max will find a wife for him. He actually broke a chair one day, but I was here in Thohoyandou when that happened, damn I wish I could have seen it!

Hlaluko. Come on, is this not the cutest little girl you have ever seen?

Here's Happy and Hlaluko.

I've mentioned that when I go to school, town, etc. I have to ride my bike on bumpy dirt roads. I decided I'd take a picture of one of those roads. Basically, it's just a path/trail that's large enough for cars to go on. Check out the rockiness. And by the way, you might not be able to tell, but this is actually a steep uphill.

Max plays on the local soccer team. Last week there was a friendly game between the local Gonani villagers and those who are now living in Gauteng and returning home for the holidays. This is also the "field" where I go running. Max is in the red socks.
